Recently I finished the book, "Life of Pi" but Yann Martel. It's now on my favorite books list.
I won't tell you what it's all about, the plot and all, but I will say that it is well worth reading. I felt very connected to the book and had to keep a piece of paper and pen by me in order to write down quotations that I felt really impacted me. I loved every page and every moment of the story.
I also really enjoyed the religious aspect of the book. I connect to aspects in life that are spiritual, which is probably why I connected to the book so easily. Once I finished I was amazed. I didn't want to stop reading. I craved more. But alas, there has to be an ending, and it was a grand one.
After reading the book, I went to see the move with a good friend of mine. I really wanted to finish the book first and I am glad that I did.
I saw the movie in 3D and I must say that I am usually skeptical of 3D movies. But this one is a must see in 3D. It was beautiful and breathtaking. The shots were amazing and I enjoyed every moment of the movie, just as I did the book. I knew to go in with the expectation that it would not be exactly like the book, but I think the movie did the book justice. I might even say that the movie is on my favorite movies list.
At the end of the movie, or a little before the actual end, I shed a tear or two. I am not ashamed at all. I see it as a really good sign. I don't like to cry in movies, or really in front of people. This movie touched my heart and I had already read the book and knew what was going on. That's how I knew it was a good movie. It touched my heart. I couldn't help but cry because again, I could relate to what was being said. This is a moment I cherish.
My recommendation is to read the book then go see the movie (preferably in 3D). Both affect the audience in different ways. As they should.
"You must take life the way it comes at you and make the best of it." (Ch. 35)
Monday, December 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment