One year ago today, we put my dog down. She was 16 years old. She was the best dog and really my friend. Best friend. She was there when no one else was. When I cried, she sat by my side. While I played wall ball, I would have to make sure not to hit her as she ran around outside. She was always there. So many times we still yell "Femur!" in the house when we spill something.
What makes me really sad is that I couldn't be there the day she went away. I remember crying that day and tears come to my eyes as I think of her today.
I broke my Femur bone when I was four years old. The day I came home from the hospital, we got a dog. A Jack Russel Terrier and named her Femur after the bone I broke. I have a special connection to her and will always remember her as the best dog and best friend I ever had.
I love you Femur!
No comments:
Post a Comment